Friday 23 March 2012

D.E.A.R. Reading

Each day after morning tea break everyone in our school does D.E.A.R. reading.
D.E.A.R. stands for Drop Everything and Read.
We all get to read our novels for about 20 minutes.




Here are some of our class members favourite novels:

1. A.J. likes reading Goosebumps books because they are good books to read for his age. A.J. says they are not scary for him.

2. Iain likes reading Goosebumps books too, because they are funny. His favourite Goosebumps book is Monster Blood.

3. Jack is reading Will Solvit and the Dreaded Droids by Zed Storm.

4. Shanelle is reading a book called Castle of the Zombies.

5. Laelani is reading one of the Silver Dolphin adventure books.

6. Ellen is reading Just Jack by Adele Broadbent. Just Jack is the one of the finalist books in the N.Z. Book Awards.

10 comments:

  1. I like goosebumps to ah and Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like goose bumps by R.L Stine you might like rotten school by R.L Stine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellen can I read just jack after you please

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear is really fun!!!!
    I like reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am reading Astrosaurs and Nice day for a war. Nice day for a war is also one of N.Z book award finalists

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like reading Goosebumps, my favourite book is "Say Cheese and Die" Bailey Dyson

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is wonderful that all these children are so into their reading. Well done kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading is my favourite subject is reading
    it is excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andrew (jaimees older bro)28 March 2012 at 06:36

    I remember reading these books when I was this age. U look like your really into your book Jaimee keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reading. We read for 15 minutes ever day.

    ReplyDelete