1. Whale art and whale work, including picket boards about saving whales.
2. Lots of writing from pictures in Memories magazines. These are magazines about N.Z. history.
3. Leaf art, showing symmetry.
4. Lots of writing about pirates. Do you like pirate stories? One of our favourite pirate stories is Finnigan and the Pirates, written by Sherryl Jordan. This book won the Junior Fiction Book Award this year. We agree with the judges choice.
5. Drawings of keas. These are alpine parrots that we think are very special. We are worried that keas are declining in numbers. We sing a song about keas sometimes.
6. Stories about when the N.Z. Ballet toured in 1959. We wrote these stories after the ballet came to Twizel.
7. Poems about a very windy day in Twizel when the leaves were blasting around our courtyard.
Our hallway is a very busy place. We are proud of the work we have done.
We did have pirate maps there too, but they went home last week. Now they are all around everyone's houses.